Getting stuck is part of the learning process, so we hope you don't feel discouraged. Every great programmer has been confused at some point. Here are the basic steps you'll need to trouble-shoot code:
- Re-read the instructions and make sure that you fully understand what each questions is asking.
- Check you code for spelling mistakes, especially in any function or variable names.
- Make sure you code is indented correctly and cleanly. Some languages, like Python, require specific indentation. Other languages don't require it, but are much easier to read and trouble shoot when they are organized. You can read more on that here.
- Read the "Hints" section, which can be found at the bottom of the instructions on the left of the page.
- Take a peek at our Articles page for a more in-depth description of certain concepts and terms.
- Check out the "Codecademy Forums" link that is at the bottom of the instructions column. These forums allow you to read and submit conversations with other users who have had similar problems.
If you have followed all of these steps and you are still stuck, we suggest reseting the exercise and writing your code over again. This can seem frustrating at first, but you will often fix the mistake that is causing your issue by writing your code over again.