There are a number of things you can try if you are having trouble loading, viewing, or submitting exercises. Please try the following options:
- Clear your internet history and reload the web page. This guide will walk you through it.
- Make sure you are using an updated version of one of these browsers: Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. We no longer support Internet Explorer or Edge.
- Check your Internet connection. We recommend that you have a reasonably fast connection to the internet. Any broadband connection, like DSL or cable, should be sufficient.
- Some browser extensions and add-ons may interact with our site and cause issues within our Learning Environment. For example, popular dark mode extensions can interfere with the code on our site (CSS in particular). We recommend disabling any add-ons or extensions while using Codecademy.
- If you are using a proxy service or an ad blocker, such as Ghostery, Ad Block, or Ad Block, please allowlist the following sites:
If you are working from a school or work computer, a firewall could be preventing you from accessing our learning environment. In this case, do check in with your IT department.