If you have lost progress in a course, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
The language preferences changed
- You may have switched languages (from English to French, for example). When you switch languages in Codecademy, you will reset your progress in each exercise.
- However, your progress hasn't been lost—if you switch back to the language you started with, your progress will still be there.
- We recommend sticking to one language so that your progress remains consistent.
- You can go to Account --> Preferred Language and make sure your preferred/correct language is listed.
There are two accounts
- There may be two Codecademy accounts created accidentally.
- This mistake is possible if you initially logged in by entering your email address and password, and then mistakenly logged in a second time via the "Sign in with Google" button. Or vice versa.
- This will essentially create two accounts for you - the second of which won't have any of your progress from the first account.
- You can fix this by logging back with your first account.