Points, badges and streaks, are Codecademy’s current system of rewards.
- One point is given per exercise once completed.
- Users don’t gain points for completed projects or quizzes.
- Points are visible in the “Me” drop-down menu on the top right of your homepage, as well as your Profile page.
- There are currently 4 types of badges in use:
- Exercise badges: given when a specific number of exercises has been completed (e.g. “10 Exercises!” badge)
- Course badges: given when a learner completes a lesson that doesn’t have a specific badge (e.g. all Ruby on Rails lessons give users a “Rails Achievement” badge)
- Promotion badges: tied to an event or specific partnership (e.g. “404” badge, “DonorsChoose” badge)
- Badges will be visible on the user’s Profile page.
- The “streak” records how many days in a row a user has been active on Codecademy.
- Streak is only visible in a learner’s profile page.
- Not every activity counts towards a streak: Submitting on Composer or the Learning Environment counts towards your streak. Taking a quiz or doing a project does not count.