What are weekly targets?
- Weekly targets are a fun way to help you build consistent learning habits!
- You will be able to select a weekly goal of how many times within each week you would like to make progress on Codecademy.
- Every day that you make progress on Codecademy, that day will be marked and count toward your weekly target.
- For every week that you meet your weekly target, your weekly streak number will increase by 1 week.
- New weeks start every Monday at 12 AM.
- We've found that our learners who stick to a consistent habit for learning to code are often more successful than those who work in big chunks with big breaks in-between. Weekly targets are there to help you stay motivated.
How do I set or change my weekly target?
- Please visit your Goal Settings page within Account Settings to set or change your weekly target at any time!
What activities count towards my weekly target?
- Passing any checkpoint in a lesson
- Making any progress in a project (checking off any of the boxes next to each step)
- Starting a new project
- Finishing a quiz
- Finishing an article, video, or informational
- You have to click "Up Next" to mark these as finished
- Finishing a practice pack on web or mobile
- Posting on our Codecademy Forums
I previously had a daily streak, was that progress lost?
- While we have moved everyone over to weekly targets, we are still recording your daily streaks as well.
- To view your daily streak, please go to your Profile page to locate this streak.
Is my web weekly target the same as my mobile streak?
- No, your web experience will have a weekly target while your mobile experience will have a daily streak.
- While the two will be displayed differently, activity on either mobile or web will count towards both!
- This means that any activities completed on the mobile app will count towards your web weekly target and vice versa.