Badges and weekly streaks are Codecademy’s current system of rewards.
- Weekly targets are a fun way to help you build consistent learning habits!
- You will be able to select a weekly goal of how many times within each week you would like to make progress on Codecademy.
- Every day that you make progress on Codecademy, that day will be marked and count toward your weekly target.
- For every week that you meet your weekly target, your weekly streak number will increase by 1 week.
- New weeks start every Monday at 12 AM.
- We've found that our learners who stick to a consistent habit for learning to code are often more successful than those who work in big chunks with big breaks in-between. Weekly targets are there to help you stay motivated.
- More information can be found here.
- There are currently 5 types of badges in use:
- Exercise badges: given when a specific number of exercises has been completed (e.g. “10 Exercises!” badge)
- Course badges: given when a learner completes a lesson that doesn’t have a specific badge (e.g. all Ruby on Rails lessons give users a “Rails Achievement” badge)
- Promotion badges: tied to an event or specific partnership (e.g. “404” badge, “DonorsChoose” badge)
- Weekly Target Achievements: given when a learner continuously meets their weekly target (e.g. "1-month" badge)
- Badges will be visible on the user’s profile page.