If you have entered your email address into the "Forgot Your Password?" page and you're not receiving an email, please follow the below troubleshooting steps:
- Check your spam folder for the password reset email, and make sure that email@example.com is not blocked.
- Ensure that your Codecademy account wasn't initially created by logging in with another 3rd party service, such as Google, Facebook, Github, or LinkedIn sign in.
- To test this, please follow the steps at the bottom of the page.
- If this email was sent to your spam box, please mark it as "Not Spam"
How to test if you initially created your account by logging in via a 3rd party
The most common reason for users not receiving a password reset email is that they signed up with Google, LinkedIn, Github or Facebook. You won't receive a reset password email if this is the case as an email address was never entered within our system.
To test to see if this is the cause of your error, please follow these steps:
- Ensure that you're currently logged into the any Google, LinkedIn, Github or Facebook accounts that you have.
- Navigate to the Codecademy Sign up Page and click on the icon (example below)
- Make note of the service that you used to sign up.