If you have input your email address in to the "Forgot Your Password?" page and you're not receiving an email, please follow the below troubleshooting steps.
- Check your spam folder for the password reset email, and make sure that firstname.lastname@example.org is not blocked.
- Ensure that you're Codecademy account wasn't intitally created by logging in with another 3rd party service such as Google, Facebook, or Twitter sign in.
- To test this, please follow the steps at the bottom of the page.
- If this email was sent to your spam box, please mark it as "Not Spam"
How to test if you intitally created your account by logging in via a 3rd party
The most common reason for users not receiving a password reset email is that they signed up with Twitter or Facebook, and these services are failing to pass your email to our system.
However, assuming that you are currently logged into the 3rd party that you used to sign up, you should still be able to access Codecademy.
To test to see if this is the cause of your error, please follow these steps:
- Ensure that you're currently logged into the any Google, Twitter, or Facebook accounts that you have.
- Navigate to the Codecademy Sign up Page and click on each of the links to Google, Facebook and Twitter
- Make note of the service that you used to sign up.