You may notice some new features in the Full-Stack Engineer career path. In addition to our recent syllabus redesign, we’re working on a few things to help you get job-ready. Exams, Codecademy's professional certifications, and career services are in beta. These features are subject to change as we test, iterate, and improve based on feedback. We would love to hear your feedback, so please reach out to Support.
Note that nothing has changed about the content of this career path. These new beta features are extras that we added to improve your experience. We're rolling them out for all learners in the Full-Stack Engineer career path. While you can’t opt out, you can choose whether you want to give them a try. We hope you will — and we hope you enjoy them!
We’ve added exams to help you assess your proficiency as you build toward job-ready skills. Here’s how they work:
- You’ll find exams on your Full-Stack career path syllabus, at the end of each section.
- Each exam assesses your knowledge of the concepts learned in that section. Exams help verify your proficiency — so you can feel confident in your abilities as you build toward a new career.
- Each exam is 2 parts. The first is multiple choice, and the second is coding questions.
- Score at least 70% on both parts of the exam to pass.
- If you don’t pass, no worries! You can retake exams once every 24 hours.
- Taking or passing exams is not required to complete the path and exams do not factor into your progress percentage. However, exams must be completed and passed to earn your Codecademy Professional Certification.
Professional certifications though Codecademy
Here’s what to know about Codecademy's professional certifications:
- Earn a professional certification through Codecademy when you pass all 6 exams in the Full-Stack Engineer path.
- Exams assess your knowledge of the learning standards in each section. A Codecademy professional certification verifies proficiency so you can feel confident in your knowledge.
- Unlike the old certificate of completion, the professional certification from Codecademy verifies that you’ve demonstrated technical proficiency against the learning standards defined in the Full-Stack career path.
- Share it on LinkedIn when you’re ready to begin your job search!
- Professional certifications from Codecademy are taking the place of certificates of completion for the Full-Stack career path. If you would still like to receive a certificate of completion (for achieving 100% progress), please contact support. Our support team is happy to grant you a certificate of completion.
- Once rewarded, you can add your full name to your Codecademy professional certification directly. You can access and download it at any time on your My Profile page (accessed by clicking your avatar).
We’re also adding career services to help with your job search! We'll be rolling career services out on your Full-Stack syllabus next week. Here’s what to expect:
- For this feature, we’re testing out an integration with our friends at Handshake, a leading early career community.
- You can opt-in to request a Handshake account from your Full-Stack syllabus or on your Codecademy profile.
- Once you request an account, you’ll receive an email with an activation link. Handshake will send this email to the email address you use for your Codecademy account. You should receive it within 72 hours.
- With your Handshake account, you’ll be able to attend exclusive career fairs, get personalized job listings from top tech companies, and connect with employers.
- You’ll always be able to get back to Handshake through a link under Services on your Codecademy profile.
- You will be able to request a Handshake account from inside your Career Path. Please do not request an account at Handshake.com as this may cause issues and prevent your account from being created properly.