As of August 2019, our streaks have been updated! Your streaks are now recorded for progress completed both on the web and on mobile. Please see below for more information regarding streaks:
What are streaks?
- Streaks are a fun way to encourage you to keep making a little bit of progress every day!
- For every day that you make progress on Codecademy, the streak number on your dashboard will go up by 1.
- We've found that our learners who stick to a consistent habit for learning to code are often more successful than those who work in big chunks with big breaks in-between. Streaks are there to help you stay motivated and code a little bit each day.
Is my web streak the same as my mobile streak?
- Yes, it's now all one streak! Progress on both web or mobile now counts towards the same streak.
What activities count towards my streak?
- Passing any checkpoint in a lesson
- Making any progress in a project (checking off any of the boxes next to each step)
- Starting a new project
- Finishing a quiz
- Finishing an article, video, or informational
- You have to click "Up Next" to mark these as finished
- Finishing a practice pack on web or mobile
Where can I see my streak?
- Right on your dashboard on mobile or web
- Under My Profile on the web
- User profile page on mobile
How can I tell if I've met the requirements for the streak today?
- If the streak flame is orange on your dashboard, you've met the requirements and extended your streak for today! If it's gray, you haven't yet completed one of the listed activities to extend your streak.
- In the example above, #1 means the requirement for the streak has not been met for the day. #2 means you have and your streak will be extended.