Each unit will cover conceptual and syntax lessons and quizzes. There will also be a few cumulative projects toward the end of the Intensive. Articles and videos will be available to supplement your learning.
Unit 1 Getting Started with Data Structures
Learn how data structures fit into computer science and about the node building block.
- Built-in Data Types with python
Unit 2 Linked Lists
Create your first data structure. Learn how to build and use your own Linked list.
- Linked Lists
Unit 3 Stacks and Queues
Compare two new ways to organize and access your data linearly.
Unit 4 Hash Maps
Learn about key-value relationships and explore with hash maps.
- Code Challenge: “Linear Data Structures”
- Hash Maps
- Lists and Maps
Unit 5 Trees and Heaps
Implement a data structure for an interactive story and order your data using heaps.
Unit 6 Graphs and Data Structure Review
Build a maze using a graph and fortify your knowledge of data structures.
- Code Challenge: “Complex Data Structures”
- Data Structure Comprehensive - project
Unit 7 Asymptotic Notation
Learn about asymptotic notation and apply it to the data structures that you've learned.
- Asymptotic Notation and Data Structures
Unit 8 Capstone Project - Restaurant Search
- Use a tree-like data structure called a trie and a hash map to build a Yelp replica for finding restaurants in SoHo, New York.